Thursday 13 November 2008

Well that was a productive day...

Every now and then I have these moments of 'let's get some shit done', and today was one of those days.

I'm rather lazy when it comes to getting a haircut, so I only go twice a year. I walk in with my hair all shaggy and looking naff (the bad side of long, as opposed to the cool side of long) and then walk out with it all shaved down with a razor cut. Today was no exception, aside from the fact I was lucky enough to walk in, sit down immediately, and be walking out within 15 minutes.

Then, straight down to Kodak for a set of passport photos (which I've been busy not getting for months now), had those taken within 2 minutes. Then, dart over to the bank, deposit a cheque and then zoom off to get some new threads - two pairs of jeans, a t-shirt, and a zip-up-hoody, and this of course officially pointed out that I had dropped a jeans size (I was daft and just indulged during my time at university), so hazah!

Nip back to Kodak, pick up my photos and back to the car - time elapsed - one hour.

Oh yes, I like to get shit done ... after I've procrastinated for ages that is ... I don't procrastinate over everything of course - such as, if it's work related, I get it done. When it comes to filmmaking then I get it done ... script writing on the other hand, that's a mixed bag, for instance I'm currently wading through a bout of malaise about double clicking that Final Draft icon and the remainder of the work to be done on Sexual Ethics Vol. 1, so there we are.

Anyway, after all that, I check out the new South Park, get a chunk of editing done, finish reading The Road by Cormac McCarthy, then watch Taken - and to cap it all off - had a bacon butty for dinner.

No comments: