Sunday 7 September 2014

"Sleb" is into the quarter finals!

Good news on this Sunday morning - the screenplay version of "Sleb" has reached the Quarter Finals of the Screenwriting Goldmine Awards Competition 2014! Click HERE to see the list of Quarter Finalists.

Click "READ MORE" for, well, more...



Last year I submitted a script that I wrote a good while before the first draft of Sleb, and didn't get anywhere. It's obvious why when I look back on it now - so, with Sleb, it's nice to know that I'm learning and improving. When this year's submission window rolled around - just before I headed into writing the novelisation of Sleb (more info on that HERE) - I did another draft of the screenplay version and incorporated a few of the ideas I had dreamt up for the book.

Anyway - this might be as far as I get, and even if it is, I'm chuffed - it's a recordable achievement. It's an improvement, it's a little bit of recognition, and it's a little boost of support and confidence. As screwed up as the world of Sleb is, I love the characters who inhabit it, and even though I know the story front to back, up and down, in and out, it can still make me laugh, can still tug on a heart string or two, can still feel as preposterous, as gaudy, as bizarre, as entertaining as it did when I was mapping out the initial version of the story before even word one of draft one had been written.

No comments: