Thursday 5 June 2008

McLegs Mainframe...

You may be wondering what that thar "McLegs Mainframe" link is in my Make with the Clicky side section thingymajig...

Well, it's the Live Journal (it's a blog, admit it, haha) of my chum Ben - as in 'Ben from off of I Am Zombie Man 2 and VHS' ... indeed, it's his blog, so I figured I'd pimp a link to it.

I'll probably have a rant about the MTV Movie Awards 2008 sometime soon, but for now I'll off to download more Public Domain sex education films (for use in the sex ed film I'm working on actually) and anticipating the return of Big Brother ... yes, I do watch it, but I don't read Heat magazine or E! News or gossip about Brangelina, so I've got to fulfill that celebrity-gossip-type zone that I have inside me - like we all do - somehow, and this is it.

It's also interesting from a sociological stand point - no lies either, I actually used series one during a Sociology exam. I think I got an A on that exam as well ... see, it's all worth while, plus it's good for my writing ... you know, if I ever had to write about a bunch of fame-obsessed freak shows who'd sooner sell a story for a few quid and split up their families as a result instead of just save up for that ridiculously lop-sided, wooden boob job ... you know what I'm saying, you all watch it too.

Don't lie, there's no shame in watching it ... being on it and not being one of the small cluster of generally nice-seeming ones, is a whole other thing.

2 comments:

Danny Smith said...

i still cant believe you watch that stuff man, ITS FUNGAL GROWTH OF THE MIND!




im gonna go watch some anime like a real man.

Nick Thomson said...

lol, like a real man...

like a real anime fan, nout more.

everybody has to lower their entertainment input quality at some point, if it was always so high you'd get burned out, sometimes it's nice just to watch something cheap and throw-away-like.

plus it's interesting from a group discussion dynamic type angle, which helps when writing a script involving a group of people - besides, it's the only reality TV I watch, and it came before a lot of the other junk ... but BB isn't as good as it used to be, BB3 was the best one.