Monday 16 November 2009

The Men Who Stare At Goats...

I've not got a lot to say about this flick, but I will say that it was good fun. It wasn't riotously funny, or exceptional, and I won't be pre-ordering the DVD (it's the kind of flick I'd, personally, pick up somewhere down the line) - but it was enjoyable throughout and it's definitely worth seeing.

It's an odd little comedy based on real life events, more of which really did happen than we'd believe - according to the opening text on screen at the beginning of the movie. It also has some real spikes on the laugh meter too, with some brilliantly dead-pan one liners hitting you from left field.

Clooney, Bridges, and McGregor are all thoroughly entertaining from the offset, and summed up, it's a good flick. So check it out. Some haven't taken kindly to it, but I don't understand why, because it's certainly worth a watch.

No comments: